How To Increase Mileage Of Your Vehicle
April 15, 2013 in INTERESTING FACTS
As the petrol price is increasing day by day ,we have to reduce the consumption of the fuel for better future. Of course we can’t alter the the petrol price but we definitely can extract a maximum out of the vehicle for achieving better efficiency .And depends on how you use your bike. Increase mileage following simple and practical ways. So here are few tips which will help you in increasing your bikes mileage ..
10 TIPS TO INCREASE MILEAGE
- Service your motorcycle engine at regular intervals. The better way to get serviced is keep a record over service manual and look up into the brand booklet as when it is recommended to go for a new service.Many people ignore but this the best to increase mileage
- Use quality engine oil to retain virtuosity.Always go for some better oils and the ones that are recommended as per engine configurations.
- Tyres don’t just ride the bike but also plays a vital role in fuel consumption too.Low Tyre pressure can bring down the mileage by 10-15%.So always try to maintain the right tyre pressure for your bike to increase mileage.
- Switch off engines during long traffic signals.These days almost all vehicles are equipped with self start so a rider will hardly mind to click a switch to get his vehicle started and it will surely increase mileage.
- Don’t give a full raise acceleration for just after starting the vehicle it will reduce the mileage.
- Always select the route that offers lesser number of bumps, fewer traffic lights and uniform road to maintain speed.Even if it is not a shortcut to your destiny ,as it will save your time as well as increase mileage.
- Make sure that you ride your bike engine is warm .Always remember , cold engine consumes more fuel than the warm engine.
- You always do not need to use the brake to slow down the bike, just letting go of the accelerator helps you considerably slow down the bike. Its about maintaining the momentum, the more you save momentum the more you save on fuel.
- Redlining (to reach at maximum speed) your RPM in every gear is very important way to increase mileage.Shift at the right RPM’s and always be in the right gear for your speed.
- Stay tuned to mechanics! I am sure here you will be asking me virtually as what do we know about mechanics and how to apply same on our bike???. A simple answer to your question goes as follows: Don’t twist the throttle(accelerator) at sudden, let bike gain velocity by applying average acceleration. Also avoid playing with speed; never apply brakes at sudden to roll down speedometer needle at once. Ride at uniform speeds to maintain mileage.
Hope the above tips works for you and your dear bike.Thank you for reading the post